Saturday 16 April 2016

Auditions from the Other Side

Today we held the first round of auditions for Imbroglio. Well, the first round was a self-tape, so I suppose today was the second round - but it was the first in person! Our Casting Director, Kate, put together an amazing group of actors, and we had such a great time meeting everyone and seeing their takes on the characters.

As always, when I'm behind the table instead of in front of it (in this case a figurative table, but you get the idea), I'm reminded that CDs and producers really are on the actors' sides. Every single person who came in today was brought in because we already liked them, and we went into every scene just waiting and wanting to like them more. Sometimes it's so easy to psych oneself out and get nervous - I know I do! - but I've honestly never met a CD who wasn't wishing all the actors the absolute best. A good thing to remember.

We saw so many talented people today, and have another round of auditions coming up next weekend. I can't wait to see how the cast takes shape!